Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application screen doesn't appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

megkhp

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
US
1. When I click on the application icon, nothing happened or appeared on the screen, but when I open the task manager, it shows that the application is running, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. I can only run the application when I'm logged in as the network administrator, what should I do to let other users to run the application as well?

1. When I click on the application icon, nothing happened or appeared on the screen, but when I open the task manager, it shows that the application is running, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Do you place a READ EVENTS in your main program, right after you menu call (or main form)
DO myMenu.mpr
READ EVENTS

Do a keyword search on READ EVENTS in this forum to get further explanation.

. I can only run the application when I'm logged in as the network administrator, what should I do to let other users to run the application as well?

Didn't you just say the application doesn't show up on the screen?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

megkhp,

In addition to what Mike G. told you, it sounds like you might have SCREEN = OFF in your Config.Fpw file. Alternatively, you might _SCREEN.Visible = .F. somewhere in your startup code. Try looking for those two statements and deleting them.

Mike Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back