Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application runs on Win NT but not on Win 95..

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit123

Programmer
Sep 26, 2002
US
I have developed a application in which I have used Microsoft CommonDialog Control 6.0 for Open File Dialog. The application is developed on Win NT machine.

The application runs fine on Win NT and Win 2000 machine. However, on Win 95 it gives an error for Comdlg32.ocx (says outdated control). When I overwrite the Comdlg32.ocx in win 95 machine with that on Win NT machine application works fine.

I believe it may not be safe to overwrite OCX files as they may be used by other applications.

How do I develop a application which runs both on Win 95 and Win NT?

Thanks in advance..

The description of error which I get is as follows:

Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from Comdlg32.ocx. Your version of comdlg32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

To have a program work on win95 and winNT you need to develop your app on win95.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back