Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pio

MIS
Aug 24, 2000
US
Our company just purchased 2 new Dell Optiplexes with only one partition on the hard drive running Win 2K Pro NTFS. The first one I setup had no problems what-so-ever as far as running applications.

When I set the first one up I used my username and password and installed all the neccessary applications and when the user logged in as themself they were able to run the applications that I have installed.

The second PC is giving me all kinds of problems. I set it up the same way as the first. Now when ever the user logs on the applications don't work. They work when I log in with admin rights.

I'm stumped!!! Please help...Thanks in advance...

Hi
If the LAN is peer to peer then check the user privileges of the PCs.
Do you Image the machines or manually installed the programs?

I manually install the programs because each user requires different applications.

As far as user privilages go, I set the user up as an Administrator of their computer...

Thanks...

Hi
Quickest solution is the longest root.
Uninstall the programs that are not responding with the User and then log in with that name and re-load programs.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back