Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application popup: Program.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

not24

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
US
I have c# dotnet console application which reading B-Trieve database and uplodate MS Sql server on Win2K server. It was implemented by other programmer and I was testing it.

This error below only happened when I run it to read a lot of records from B-Trieve. The computer is very slow and it suppose to be test computer. I did search on google and microsoft. Some says it's something about windows media but this server didn't access or process anything rather than database and some says about dotnet SP1 but my server just run windows update so I suppose everything up-to-date.

I'll appreciate if anyone could give me suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 3/16/2005
Time: 12:42:24 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xxxx
Description:

Application popup: Program.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services : Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xa5c (2652), Thread id=0xa7c (2684).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

For me, seems that error is generated by some unmanaged code execution.
Try to debug it to locate the code where the error occurs.
obislavu

The other developer didn't use the unhandled exception handlers:
Code:
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException += new UnhandledExceptionEventHandler({method name here});
Application.ThreadException += new System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventHandler({method name here});
These get called when they miss handling an exception somewhere else in their code, and are used to prevent the user from ever seeing that debugger popup.

If either of these get called, it's very bad, and is a serious defect.

Chip H.

That's a good lead. I'll inform the developer. Thank you very much for all of your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back