Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application or Network??

Status
Not open for further replies.

giwiwuz5

MIS
Nov 30, 2002
US
I support a Cisco environment (6509's at the core, 6009's at distribution level, & 3500's at the access level). The problem is that I have one group of 24 users that have a horrible time with response times, frozen windows, and general slowness. All users are Citrix clients. Originally I thought that it maybe a bandwidth problem so I put them on a dedicated physical and logical link back to the core. All users are in a dedicated VLAN on a seperate Gig link. After noticing that the problem was still there I began to think Server/Application problem? So I fired up my Protocol Analyzer and captured frames. This is where I could use some help. No matter where I captured from i.e. the server farm, client side, my analyzer kept showing TCP symptoms in my expert. TCP symptoms like Long ACK, Frozen Windows, TCP Retransmission. Does anyone have any experience with TCP problems in a terminal services environment and if so where should I go from here?

This may not be the same thing, but when I was doing tech support for vpn clients, they were always have some kind of problem with connecting to the Citrix server.

I believe it turned out to be a MTU problem on the client side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back