Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Object for NetShield won't roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianH1

MIS
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I am trying to roll out NetShield 4.5 to Windows 2000 machines, but the application object created from the MSI won't roll out.

The problem is the security, as the current user does not have rights to install this app.

I have tried setting the object to run as secure system user, unsecure system user and run normal.

The versions of NTSRV on the client and the server are the same, and at or above the version specified by Novell.

We're using ZFD3 and Client 4.83.

Any ideas would be helpful at this stage.

Thanks.

You could edit the DLU policy to make the users workstation admin, just let it run for a week and you,ll pick up the majority of pc,s for the install. Then you can remove the rights and just pick off the stragglers, ie; make individuals administrator(pc) and do install.

Thanks for the reply Novellman...

We're using two trees (it's a very long story, mail me at b.halliday@ntlworld.com if you really want to know why and I'll try to explain) so we can't use DLU.

We have however managed to work around the problem.

Instead of using the .msi directly, we have used msiexec as the file to run, and passed this the NetShield installer MSI as a parameter. There's no problem with msiexec running with system rights, so the installation runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back