Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application not launching in Citrix Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevan16

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have an application Hummingbird BI Query Admin (biqadmin.exe) published through Citirx which works fine. but within this application, there is one link (button) which on clicking is expected to launch one more tool (UGM.exe) in a separate process. Unfortunately it doesn't. It comes up with a message "....unable to launch C:\Program Files\....\utility\UGM.exe". However there is one more shortcut pointing to this same exe(UGM.exe) which when launched explicitly, works perfectly fine. Any idea as to why this is ?

Below are some observations:

1. This behaviour is observed only in Citrix Session(Terminal Server, Windows 2003). On the Server, locally, no issues.
2. On a fat client (Windows XP), it launches fine for a normal locked down user , which infers that there are no permission issues (files/folder/registry)
3. In a Citirx session, monitoring the app behaviour on Filemon/RegMon, there are no Access Denied entries which once again infers the fact that this is not a permission issue.
4. Quite Interestingly, when the same citrix user is added to the power group (i.e Admin group), it works perfectly fine.

This problem appears to be quite strange. Can anyone suggest me how to tackle the same ? Do you think this problem is related to terminal server settings ?

Any help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back