Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application installs early

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2000

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
US
Hey All,
Zenworks 6.5 (SP2), XP Workstations

I have a Workstation assoicated application object. It is set to be available from 6-7PM and is set to Force Run.

Most of our PC's have 100Mb connections. On the 10Mb connections, this application object deploys WAY before 6PM. Is there a slow link detection/early install feature I am missing somewhere?

Any other common reasons an app installs early? The workstations are set to the correct time zone and the users aren't rebooting them during the day.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tried upgrading to Zenworks 6.5 SP2, did not fix the problem. I may have to create a new app object.

Andrew

Well, I tried creating the app object from scratch, still no go. I figured out that when I choose FORCE RUN, that makes it install when the WOrkstaiton Agent next checks in with the server. But if I remove the FORCE RUN, the app only caches, it doesn't install at all, even at the right time.

I opened a ticket with Novell tech support, so far they haven't come up with anything. I'm starting to think that the availability time options are only intended for NAL application availability to users, not mandatory applicaiton pushes.

I have a workaround, I'll add the workstation associations at the end of the day, and setup a reboot script for 6PM, then the workstations will get the push when they reboot.

I'm really surprised though, that Zenworks doesn't seem to have the capability to do a scheduled push like this... it seems to be a basic function, compared to some of the other cool stuff ZEN can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back