Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

euchreman

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
Anyone know why a good percentage of the executables of the applications that I've compiled refuse to show the icon I've assigned to the project? I continually see the generic window icon instead of my assigned icon???

GoTo the menu Project>Properties, and in the dialog on the second tab, called make, in the upper right side select which form contains the Icon you want to use for your application and then recompile. Then redo the PDW and you should be set.

Good Luck

If you want a different icon than on any of your forms then add the project.icon file to the top of your resource file project.res

It will be at the top alphabetically so name it aaa.ico

No code necessary

Mike When you call out for help in the darkness, and you hear a voice in return, you're probably just talking to yourself again!

Since we are talking about Icons .. anyone know where to get more free icons to use?

go to google -> type "free icons"

i hope you have a spare week or so to sort through them ..

Transcend
[gorgeous]

Ok, here's a thought on making icons, a little program on every Windows system, Paint, that you can make all of your icons on. hmmm custom icons...what a great idea. And if any if you have Visual C++ you can make icons in there also on pre-formatted sizes.

just a thought....

zgtrman To effectively improve in the efficiency of your performance, one must be proficient in the implementation of a positive mental attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back