Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

application freezes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyway

Vendor
May 30, 2002
US
In the screen for closing applications and not responding I get lexplorer.exe. Try to close it but won't. Use ctrl+alt+del still will not. Use ctrl+alt+del second time and causes a blue screen. Do it again and closes pc but starts up with scan disk. Can use pc but this freeze will still happen later while using it. What is this application, what does it do and how to fix it?

It's Internet Explorer and welcome to the club.

On the bloo screen...what's the message (besides being cryptic mumbo jumbo)?
Sometimes you can track it down further by searching for parts of it in Tech Net.

We're assuming you have WinMe on your system, and the problem could also be there, but I'd first suggest a repair of the IE install. It isn't there in some installs...but here's a link to a discussion of the repair tool, how to use it and what to do if it's not there...

Use repair in remove option and sometimes works with no trouble.

Sometimes works? Does that mean you still have the problem?

Have you scanned for spywares? Download spybot from update it, and scan. Remove all spywares found.

I would also run msconfing, and uncheck all unneeded background applications on the startup tab.

Also, empty your browser cache if you haven't (tools>options>delete files)

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back