Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application for capturing a TNB dump 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryckee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2013
US
Does anyone know of an application for capturing a TNB dump, which puts all of the data is the respective fields / columns ... TN, DN, NCOS, CLID, Key 00, etc.?

to be exact.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

I'm currently trying to carry out some more improvements to the tool. One of the problems I have is with Windows 7. Extra security now prevents me from getting the "temp.prn" file to be saved to the root of the C Drive, so my latest version now saves this file into the C:\Temp folder.

I understand that soem users of the tool aren't able to create a folder called "Temp" due to admin rights being denied. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to get the file to be saved to C:\Windows\Temp instead?. I'm hoping that most users of the program already have this location enabled as default?. Please let me know if this sounds OK.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

We just went to Win7 and yeah, I think I ran into that problem and just sent it to myself at home and ran it on my own PC then sent it back to myself - what a PITA! I need to buckle down and see what I can get them to do if it's a rights issue or not I don't know...?

Hi All,

Why not use the system environment variable %TMP% or %TEMP% they always point to the users temp folder and they should always be there (use the command "set" in a dos box and have a look for tmp and temp) [2thumbsup]

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Hello Guys. I've now changed it to work from C:\Windows\Temp. So far it looks OK. I'll release the revised version tomorrow.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back