Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application '' failed to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcatet

Programmer
Dec 19, 2001
US
I installed Visual Studio 6.0. InterDev debugger worked fin. Then I installed Visual Studio.NET. Then in Studio 6.0, InterDev debugger fails. It give a message saying, "Application '' failed to launch."

I know both versions of Visual Studio can be run at the same time.

Anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks,

I can't help you with this....
I have the SAME problem (probably for the same reason).

I just uninstalled .NET, but it did NOT fix the problem.

If I figure it out (and I'm trying HARD), I'll let you know.

Please let me know if you got around this and if so, how.

Thanks,
bruceallen@adelphia.net

I have the SAME problem (probably for the same reason).

I just uninstalled .NET, but it did NOT fix the problem.

If I figure it out (and I'm trying HARD), I'll let you know.

Please let me know if you got around this and if so, how.

Thanks,
bruceallen

Has anyone found an answer to this problem yet. I am now having the same problem. I'm not using .NET just VID with Visual Sudio 6.0. I've updated to VS SP5, MDAC 2.8, and I've tried reinstalling VID and Backoffice server. The error occurs after starting the app in debug. I enter the user name an password for debuging, it grinds a little then "Application " failed to launch."

Help. I've been tring to find a solution to this for a while now. I'm currently changing my web apps, updating the master, running the site in a browser, crossing my fingers...

Thanks
Doug

I've found the solution to the 'Application " failed to launch.' problem. Follow the steps in Microsoft Knowlege base article 312880.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back