Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Event error 1609

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth88

Vendor
Jul 17, 2008
US
MM 5.2 SP5 Patch 1
MAS/MSS - single server
Serenade TUI

Problem with ONE mailbox 547 - ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE APPLICATION EVENT VIEWER ERRORS BELOW MEAN ??????

I've reset the mailbox security code through MSS web interface
User changes security code upon next login - system says "I'm sorry, there is a problem with the system. Please try again later." But the new security code is in-fact changed. I've tried and FEDB resynch, I've deleted the mailbox - FEDB resynch - added the mailbox again - same thing.

Getting lots of Application Event Errors 1609: MSS failure - critical error appending new/modified properties to subscirber's hidden folder during commit operation.
IMAP4 Detail: Append failed. No space available to process request.
MSS Error: Apend failed. Can't store MIME Table-of-contents

Getting Application Event Errors 1870: There was a problem while updating the user profile form mailbox 547. Please check this mailbox through Subscriber Options to ensure all the settings are intact.

Is this mailbox in the same COS as others that are working ?

At first glance it seems as if the mailbox is not allowed or does not have any space left to do anything.

Also is this system networked with a MNS or other MSS system ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The mailbox is a NON-MESSAGE taking mailbox and is in a COS with zero MB length messages. But it should allow logon and password changes and even record a greeting, right? Not networked with any other MSS or MNS. I've got the mailbox greeting recorded and can call it and get the greeting - of course cannot leave a message. But if I log into the mailbox and try to change the password, I get the error prompt and the 1609 error in the event viewer. Do you have to have more than Zero MB for mailbox size to record a greeting?

i would try putting it in a normal COS and make the changes and then put it back

Ken Means

I think that's how I actually got it working - but I still don't understand what the 1609 errors are - they look critical ! I even deleted the mailbox and re-added it. Seems like something is hosed up on the MSS. But it's only for that user - and surprised that an FEDB resynch didn't correct it. Thanks!

Ken - how do you recommend setting up a NON-MESSAGE TAKING mailbox that should play a greeting? Caller App or a mbx with COS that has no mailbox size?

i would use a caller App to do this in most cases. I assume that it is like a listen only and then drop or send to some other destination right ?

Ken Means

Yes - greeting saying to call someone else or press 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back