Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application errors when 2 or more people are loading at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotitpulsa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have an application that many people are accessing at various times. My problem is when 2 people are accessing the same portion of the application at the same exact time, one of the people will load the page successfully while the other will get an error such as "cannot find table 0". I'm thinking this happens because the other person is using the table in the dataset when the second person is trying to access it.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this error from occurring?

You will need to post your page load code. There should be no reason multi users cannot access the same tables at the exact same time. The correct way is for your users to grab there data and disconnect from the DB. if an update or insert is needed, connect back to the db, perform you function and then again disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back