Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application configurations lost when restarted 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloaupito

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
After each restart of the system, I have to reinstall all software. For example, after restarting and opening Outlook, I have to reconfigure the application to the correct settings - Exchange Server, Check Name, etc. All the application configurations will not be saved when the computer is restarted of shutdown.

Logging on and off is not a problem - all configurations are saved.

How do I make sure the application configurations are saved upon restart?

Dont use policies and/or mandatory profiles. Check permissions and make sure an administrators and system has full control on the system, and that you have rights to the folders as well.

This is not default Windows2000 behavior. Something else is at work - network policies, mandatory profiles, permissions, etc.

Need more info to nail it down.. Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful. Thanks!

Pbxman
Systems Administrator

You da MAN! I incorrectly assumed that the permissions were correctly set when installing W2K Server.

All's well that ends well - glad it's a done issue.
Cheers.. Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful. Thanks!

Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back