Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Clipper not run with processor q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

italy21

Programmer
Jan 27, 2009
IT
My application clipper 5.3 compiled with blinker not run in new pc with processor q6600 Intel Core quad CPU 2.40 ghz with 3.25 GB Ram. Windows XP SP3. At the run display is black..
Help.me Thanks. Sorry for the english not correct..i'm italian

Display extra messages (using "? "I'm starting this or that") to the screen to see how far you are getting, before it actually stops working. And don't clear the screen during startup of the app, so you can see any messages it is already throwing at you.
Are you using extra libs not standard with Clipper, besides the usual Blinker stuff?

What's the Windows version you are using?

HTH
Ath

Thanks.
1) The problem is with the library LLIBG to display image BMP
2) The compiler is exospace (not blinker..sorry)
the lines of source with display black are:
SET VIDEOMODE TO LLG_VIDEO_VGA_640_480_16
GBMPDISP(GBMPLOAD("xy.BMP"),0,0)

3) My file bat for the compiler is
clipper %1 /l
EXOSPACE @PP.TXT LIB LLIBG,CLIPPER,extend,expand,BOXMENU,rcmp_c53,artful,GT_LIB,AHELP5,nocopy,NANFOR MAP=MIO
OPTEDIT c:\ANALISI\WBSF -EXTRAMIN 4096

4) The Windows version is XP Professional SP3
5) My graphic card is NIVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Grazie
Ciao

My guess (never used it) is that LLIBG is incompatible with anything beyond Windows 98, because of the way is accesses the graphics adapter. Depending on the functionality in the app, it should either be replaced or removed.
If it cannot be removed, then you are out of luck, or have to run the app inside a Virtual Machine (VMWare, Virtual PC) running Windows 98 (or maybe even MS-DOS?).
Searching Google, etc. should get you going, but then with a different compiler... Clipper has been un-updated for over 10 years now...

Also, the other extra libs like expand, ahelp5, etc, are not available for newer compilers like Harbour/xHarbour, so that would take quite some work... :-(

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back