Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder Timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
I have an application that from the BEGIN block goes to an announcement service which is our greeting and welcome.
All the parameters within the announcement service (DONE, 1-9 Menu keys, * and #) all then point to a menu service which plays our options.

The length of time between the ending of playing of the announcement and the beginning of the menu options is approximately 4.53 seconds.

How can I shorten this?

I have checked under messaging options within CPMGR and my command entry setting is 2000 milliseconds, my short disconnet is 10000 milliseconds and my record is 180 seconds.

I thought the command entry setting is what dictates the length of time, but since it takes 4.53 seconds this is obviously double my 2 second setting (2000 millisecond)

Is there another setting?
Thanks!

check and edit your recordings and verify there isn't a sec or more of silence that was recorded.

I use a wave editor to edit every recording so there isn't any dead space and haven not experienced the delay you're seeing.

There is a checkbox in the announcement block called "Pause before exiting".
Try unchecking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back