Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiremantx

Technical User
Mar 16, 2007
US
I am trying to open an application in the builder. When I click on the file to open it gives me a message that says it cannot load the application from the server.

The Menu Service is working fine, however even when I dial Prompt maintenance and enter password it says that it is being updated. I rebooted the Call Pilot Server and it still is doing the same thing.

When I click to the open folder it does not show it as being locked by another user.

Do you have the CallPilot server name in your DNS server? You may try putting it in the host file on the client machine. Even though you log in with the IP address, application builder uses the callpilot server name to communicate. I have seen this cause a problem several times in the past.

Let me start over...

I cannot open a menu service in the application builder. I get a message saying that it cannot be retriieved from server or something like that.

Can you ping the callpilot server by computer name? If not you need to either add an entry in the host file on the client machine or have it added to the DNS server.

I CAN get to the Call Pilot my problem is I CANNOT OPEN a MENU SERVICE IT SAYS the system could not open the application from the server. Please check the connection to the server and try again.

I can open other Menu Services and Announcement services, just not this particular one that I am trying to get to.

No files in D:/nortel/temp were to remove.

I did a restore in CP Manager under Restore from Archives-> Retriever directory but cannot open this Menu Service(MS)

Sounds like you have a corrupted application. May have to get Nortel to remove it. I don't think they will be able to recover. Better to start a new application. You never know though, call your vendor and have them get Nortel involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back