Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application builder deletion of menus. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I get a message saying, "An application can't be deleted which has been imported by another application." What gives? How can I delete these menus. They're no longer reachable on the server. Most menus are still accessible, but some give access errors.

Any assistance is of course incredibly appreciated, God shine on us all!

This was probably imported from either an old version of call pilot or Mermail using an external program. I have not had the issue you are talking about, but have you tried to modify it (add a block), save it, then try to delete it?

Thanks much for your reply, trvlr1! The problem is, the menus (applications) won't open at all. I've tried to delete an app, so I can re-create it, and I can't do that either. Is there a way to restore the menu from backup, or access the menu another way on the server?

Are you certain that the application still exists? The reason I ask this is that when you try to open an application in the tool, you get a list of "recently opened apps" similar in the way XL or word does. Even if the app is no longer there, the listing still appears until you open enough other apps to force it off the list. You will also see apps from other systems in this list too, if you use the same tool for multiple systems, though they are not accessable either, just as you describe.

Yes, the application still exists, and it works, the greeting recording works, etc. The problem is that the menu needs to be updated, and it's not accessible. I'd be happy to delete it and re-create it, but I can't get it to delete either. zigmo36

P.S. Thanks for your consideration!

It could be because it is in use that it cannot be deleted. Try building your new menu, do all your recordings and make sure it is what you want, then change the SDN to go to this new menu. Make sure it works as you need, then see if you can delete the old one.

Well, I can report that my problem was fixed. Apparently it was a CLAN hiccup. All I had to do was go to the CallPilot server, go to the D: drive, then to the Nortel folder, then to the File Transfer folder, open that up, then look for anything with a number followed by .ed (leave the default.ed file alone), and delete those files. Apparently those are just temporary files that are supposed to go away when the app is closed on the client computer, but sometimes they don't, which of course throws a monkey wrench in the system. By the way, our CallPilot software hasn't been updated since 2006. ;+)

Good luck and God bless!
zigmo36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back