Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder - CP Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgiuliani

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
US
Hi - I have a client who uses the Call Pilot Player function to record prompts in Application Builder, rather than using the Voice Item Maintenance DN.

The feature used to work where the admin would record from the Properties, get the popup box, and then click Edit for a voice item. Then the Player window would pop up, prompt for a phone number, and then they could record from the phone.

A couple of months ago, this stopped working. It all works up to the point where they record. They get all the popups, the player opens, the phone rings. Upon answering, there is no beep, and if you click on the Player window, it just locks up and you see Application IDxxxxx (Not Responding). If you close the window, it says that the phone was not answered.

I patched this CP to 5.01.03 last year, and the feature was working (supposedly) after the patching. I patched 5.01.04 last night and the issue remains. Yes, I installed the new CP Manager, Recorder, App Builder as well.

I'm thinking some other update - perhaps some Microsoft patch caused this, but I am at a loss as to what.

Any ideas?

I should add - Voice Item Maintenance works fine. I have trained the admin how to use that instead of the Player, but it would be a better experience for her if I could make it work the way she was trained to use.

What version of IE are they using? You need to do some tweaking to IE 11 to make sure the callpilot server is listed in compatability mode and security intranet sites.

They are using IE 11. Does My CallPilot relate to this? I thought it was the CallPilot Player that you download from the CallPilot Manager home screen.

The Callpilot Player is a component of the My Callpilot software and gets installed from that package. Choose custom install and make sure it is selected.

As for IE11

Open Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools > Internet Settings.
Click on the Security tab and go to Intranet Sites.
Click on Sites and then click on Advanced.
Add the CallPilot host address to the list of allowed sites.

To allow Audio Player plugin to run in Internet Explorer
Open Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools > Internet Settings.
Click on the Security tab and go to Intranet Sites.
Click on Sites and then click on Advanced.
Add the CallPilot host address to the list of allowed sites.

Open "Compatibility view settings" dialog in IE 11 (in IE11 press Alt+X).
Either add CP Manager site to the list of compatibility view sites or set checkbox:
"Display intranet sites in Compatibility view".

Thanks Wanebo. I will give it a shot the next time I have a chance. Might not be for a while, because the customer's IT support staff is too busy with other work to help on this. User is not a local admin on her PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back