Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder, can't create new application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel1000

Technical User
Nov 9, 2010
US
I can log into App Builder and open existing apps. I can create, name and save a new application. There is a Start icon in the app window. I can drag the Menu block anywhere in the app window but when I let go I hear a bell and the block disappears. App Builder build 5.00.41.52, Windows 7 Enterprise. Thanks for your help!

Are you getting the window asking you to name your menu block? That is the first thing that happens when you add an item and then you can see it on your application screen.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thank you. I get no popup because the Menu block never makes it to the app window. I drag it over, I can see a faint version of the icon. When I let go of the mouse, the icon vanishes.

What version of CallPilot are you running?

It is 4.04.04. I fixed the problem, though. The palette tabs Basic and System were not present even though palette was checked on the View menu. I clicked the View menu and unchecked Palette then re-clicked it and the tabs appeared. From there I could drag a block over to the App window and it would stay. Thanks for your interest. I hope this helps someone else.

Yeah, that's weird, I've seen it. Watch out for those temporary files, they can cause problems too. AppBuilder can be a pain, truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back