Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder cannot load application from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRiPgod

Technical User
Jun 2, 2009
US
I ran into an issue regarding an error when trying to open any existing or creating a new application from within Application Builder. I would get a window popup an error saying "Could not load application from server. Check the connection and try again." I saw the list of applications, but I could not open them nor create new ones.

Observations:
CallPilot 04.04.04
Event logs on server show MSFTPSVC warning with event id=100, invalid user name and/or password for user 'cpfilexfer'
D:\Nortel\FileTransfer directory was empty
DCOM, SQL Access, LDAP, and all usual services running

Solution:
The password for 'cpfilexfer' was changed from its original password. Original password is _CPAOSFile_
Case sensitive and with the underscores.

This is not documented anywhere on the internet, so I am posting here in case others have the same problem.

Ciao

When I get this problem, I reboot the Call Pilot and it always clears the issue.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but...if Bill Gates had a nickel everytime Windows locked up....oh wait..he does.

Rebooting is always a good help, but a reboot does not change a user's password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back