Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder & Express Messaging Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIMBARQ

Technical User
Sep 3, 2004
US
I have a menu in which one of the options is an express messaging block to an ext. When I dial directly to the extension things work fine, but when I reach it through the menu, the personal verification always plays before the external greeting. I only want to hear the external greeting. How do I stop the personal verification from playing?

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Joseph
Franklinton, NC

I always understood that express messaging would only play the personal verification if recorded and never play the external greeting. If the personal verification was not recorded, then express messaging would play the external greeting.

What about using a Call Transfer block instead?

Hi dabble,

If I don't record personal verification, then the default plays...."the person at extension xxxx.....". I have recorded an external recording and I would like only that to play. I didn't do a call transfer box because if the call gets that far in the menu, it should go straight to voicemail and not ring to another extension before going to voicemail. Did that make sense?

This is the 2nd instance where I can't stop the personal verification. Last time I recorded "Thank you for calling" on the personal verification, then I recorded "company name....to reach customer service press 1...." that way it sounds seemless to the caller, but it really is 2 seperate greetings. I don't know how else to get around it.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Joseph
Franklinton, NC

Sadly that is just the way it works. To get around this I often would use a transfer node that goes to a dummy ACD that NCFW to voice mail. I would then enter the dummy ACD DN as a secondary DN in the callpilot mailbox of question.

Kind of clunky but it works.

Try recording the information under the personal verification. I did that once in a work around in the old MM and it worked. Can't hurt to try.

Benjamin Crawford
Presidio Corp
Richmond, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back