Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Builder & CDN questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hi. I've got a Nortel Call Pilot and Symposium Express 4.0 call center system. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to using them, and I need my memory refreshed.

1) I'm getting my SDN's and CDN's mixed up. I'm pretty sure you associate the SDN by choosing the application name in the call pilot (at least that is what I see). Now somwhere on the Application builder, though, you can see the CDN that the application routes to. How do I pull up that information?

2) I need to change the password on an application ID so I can change the message. If I pull up the application in the builder, is it File > Properties > Security tab?

You are correct in your description of an SDN. If you have applications routing callers to your CDNs in SECC, you will need to open the application(s) and follow the call flow. Within the application you will see menu blocks, announcement blocks, and call transfer blocks, among possible others. Your CDNs are most likely entered into the Call Transfer blocks. Right click the Call Transfer block to look at the transfer destination.

Yes, you change the password to the application in File > Properties > Security tab. This allows you to dial Voice Item Maintenance, enter the application ID, enter this password, and re-record the greeting.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thanks Telebub, that was what I needed to confirm. Now one question - If I remember correctly, the only extension / CDN information that I can find will be in the Call Transfer blocks, right? (I keep thinking that somehow I can pull it up on the Menu block)

If I understand your question, yes. For example, let's say you have 3 groups in Symposium front ended with a CallPilot menu: Sales, Service, and Marketing. Sales is CDN 3000, Service is 4000, and Marketing is 5000. Your application says "thank you for calling ACME company. For Sales, press 1. For Service, press 2. For Marketing, press 3." That statement is your menu block. you will then have 3 transfer blocks that are named appropriately and are set to transfer to the CDNs 3000, 4000, and 5000 respectively.

I hope this makes sense. I'm having a hard time putting into words what I have in my head. [dazed]

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back