Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application builder 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttmk101

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
US
Hey all
I need a little help with a question on Application builder. First time for everything. I need to set-up a menu for two users on the same DN. One of the users had the DN assigned to him with a mail box.
If I out that DN and mailbox and assign it to the SND of the application, get two more DN's for the users (who set at the same station ), and give them a two line with their nums on it. they shoud both be able to recieve calls at the station.
How does that sound?

Say you have SDN 7777. That goes to a menu service. In that menu service opt 1 goes to joe 7770, and opt 2 goes to 7771. Just point menu 1 to call transfer box, and enter their new dn in that transfer box. Do the same for the other person, you should be good to go.

Thanks for the reply. Was I correct in assuming that the DN for the SDN is used, so that the set still rings in the office? And that the messages are sent to the mail box with the selection from the menu.
Like is said I'm still new to this.

Yes. Phone x7xxx is set to fdn and hunt to voicemail. In app builder an SDN is created with 7xxx. This SDN can point to whatever general mailbox number you want to set up. Then in the mailbox settings for that general mb #, turn on MWI for 7xxx. Hope that makes sense, still early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back