Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Applets in ie 5.5.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birney29

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
GB
ive written a simple applet that works fine in the Applet viewer but doest show p in ie 5.5, is this because ie 5.5 doesnt support applets?

I think that you just need to download the JRE from Sun and everything will be fine.

Try downloading Opera at
It will solve your problem. You will have to set it to be your computer's default browser for HTML files though, which is easy. If you try to force IE to support the JRE there will be sites that you can't open, and it's a huge pain to set it to use the JRE. It's much easyer to download Opera. This also explained in the FAQs section of this forum. If you read them, read the second one first, they will make more sence that way. X-)

"and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." --Pink Floyd: Eclipse

"I'm going to spend eternity
reinstalling Windows." --Reinstalling Windows: by some British guy

Of course the problems remains that 90% of businesses standardize on IE. If your doesn't run under IE then you are segmenting the majority of possible viewers. Regardless of how much you, me, or anyone may hate MS or IE, they are not going to go away.

Until Linux becomes the dominant Desktop Environment (as if this will ever happen), IE will remain the most used browser. Right now Opera and Mozilla are not even on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back