Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apple Mac & PhoneManager/Tapi

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimers

Vendor
Jan 16, 2007
GB
Hi everyone. Have looked for an update on running Phone manager plus other Avaya software on Apple Mac. The last posting I found was in 2004.
Anyone know if this can now be done or do we have to wait till a web browser option becomes available?
Tim

Does not work, and I doubt they ever will. They struggled to get them going with Vista never mind a completely different OS.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

The only thing what will work is that they use a sort off VMWare like tool on the Apple on that tool they run Windows XP.
I've seen it working with PhoneManager and Manager.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Thanks guys for the response. It looks as if we rely the Apple emulation for the time being with the hope that a browser option will turn up sooner than later
Tim

There will be no support for other then windows !!!

Maybe only when applications will be webbased but that is not in the road map so you can wait a long time

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have used both Windows and Mac OS extensively. Unless Avaya decides to port their apps to Java, I really don't see this happening on OS X. However I have had great success running XP on VMWare on OS X. There are 2 modes that VMWare will run. Depending on your network configuration you may have to choose one over the other. One is the "bridged mode" and the other is NAT mode. More than likely you will want to run "bridged". You shouldn't have any issues.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back