Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apple Laserwriter 360,warms ok,then flashing jam light,but no jam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgalla

Technical User
Apr 1, 2005
US
Hi; my laserwriter 360 warms up ok to a green light,go to print and green light starts to flash,as if to print,starts up and then flashing jam light? and nothing.There is no jam in the printer anywhere? Please if anyone can help ,please do.I can't get help anywhere.I ran diag with the switch in 9 position while turning on,all lights on,then green and paper out on.then all lights on,then green and paper out light on.and repeating this,manual says laser error?? but no help at all as to what the fix might be? IO board,Dc Board,high voltage board, feeder board? Any help would be awesome? Anyone?

when I get a mysterious 'paper jam' message, I blow the paper feed path out real well with compressed air.

done that already,was printing perfect till recently.when I send a print to the printer,the green light starts to flash,the printer starts up,then right to flashing Jam light,and there's no Jam in the printer,and it won't even start printing.

Sorry guys ,It's the paper Out Light that flashes,when it starts to print? there is paper,the arm above the paper tray is ok,no broken,and is free swinging.Green light to print,send print job,starts up to print,and flashing Paper Out Light,then does nothing,no print.Anyone Please help if Possible.thankyou

Sounds like its having a hard time picking up a sheet of paper, try manually pushing slightly on the paper as its trying to grab it.

There are also a few suggested fixes at the MAC forum:

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

thanks helpful,but still same problem.I found that if you put the switch in the back to #9 and turn on the printer,it will give you a sequence of light flashes..I checked the service manual,says laser Error,that's it.No explanation as to what to do about it,that's all it says.And the funny thing about it is sometimes,out of the blue,it will print.I guess it's junk hey?

It's possible that the paper sensor is defective.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Is there any way to check that paper sensor on the feeder board,to see if it's bad? with a digital meter? Have you ever checked one? pinout? readings? looks like a 4 pin sensor,attached to feeder board.

started printer with switch in rear set to #9 all lights light and shut of 1 by 1,then all lights flash on and off,then green light and paper jam light together,light on then off,then all lights again,and repeats itself.Manual says laser error? I guess this printer is junk? to bad it just stopped working.Like I said,if I put the switch in rear to #4 test print,turn on the printer,warms up ok to green light,then you here the scanner motor start up,main motor startup,gears start to turn,then shuts down,with a blinking paper out light.Thats it.Checked the manual,all voltages are good off the dc board,and feeder board,must be the laser itself? I guess I'll never find one of them.Thankyou for all you help in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back