Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending XHTML to an XML document tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcowen

Programmer
Oct 21, 2001
GB
Hi,
I've been wrestling with this for awhile and am surprised there isn't more on the internet about how to do this. I'm trying to post XHTML (using a wysiwyg editor called Tinymce) and then append that XHTML to an XML document tree. The main problem I keep coming up against is the use of certain chars in the posted data. When I post <p>hello world</p> it is correctly appended to the document. If I post <p>Tim & Mary</p> the append fails because of the invalid character "&" and its the same with < and >. There must be something in .NET that can write this data to XML so that the XML is well formed. I can write the XML using the WriteRaw method but I cant then manipulate the XML Doc created because its invalid. Can anyone suggest a way to do this? Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back