Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending report output to an existing file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho123

Technical User
Oct 20, 2007
US
Hi I am using CR 9 and there is a scheduled report which runs every week on the sunday and the report ouputs to an excel file and stores it in a folder on the network drive every time it runs. Now the user wants the output of the report to be appended to the excel file previously generated, every time the report runs.

Ex: first time the report tuns it should be excel1.xls file and second week the report runs the user does not want a new excel file but append this data to the excel1.xls file.

Is there a way that this could be done. Please let me know or if the question is not clear feel free to ask?

Thanks...

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

We are not using that software at the client place. Is crystal by itself capable of doing the append thing. Or other wise can I do this with the shell script and automate it with the help of the Business ObjectsInfoview. Because we have unix environment on the server side.

Thanks...

No crystal by itself cannot do this, that is why I suggested Visual CUT, which is a Crystal Tool. The best $400 you'll ever spend too.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back