Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending option in transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2003
US
Will appending duplicate the existing rows or will it just add the rows that have been changed?

How about a little more info on what your are trying to accomplish.

Thanks

J. Kusch

I am wanting to update the data in my sql tables on the sql server from the unix server. I am having problems with a few tables. The jobs do not run successfully. I thought that maybe I should append instead of drop and recreate the destination table.

Hope this helps.
Wendy

Wendy the answer to your first question, You will duplicate the rows when you append.

A response to the second part. When you say the jobs don't run successfully. What do you mean? Is there an error message? It also sounds like you are dropping the table and recreating each time you run. If you are why not just truncate the table and then reload.

Let me know,
Jim

Unspecified Error and I don't mean to sound stupid but what do you mean by truncating the table and then reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back