Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appending lists and re-running queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

VincentCWS

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
AU
Need some help on this.

There is a query which needs to be executed on a weekly/monthly basis and each time the results need to be recorded and reused in the following week/months rerun. How is it possible for me to store the results and continue appending it in each week/month's run ?

Example :

Query run for week 1 produces customer 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Append 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to a table - let's call it T and store it.

Query run for week 2 excludes T from the run and produces results 8,9,10,11,12

Append 8,9,10,11,12 to T

Hence, table T contains 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

I've tried to use 'not in list' but I have to append the table manually each week.

Is there a way to do it within business obejcts full client ? I have no access to freehand SQL. Any ideas anyone ?

I don't see any builtin option available in BO to do updation of table with some values. Some of the options you can explore are SP, SDK. Better to use SP in these cases since it is just a insert of a column.

Sri

Yes, definitely a job for a stored procedure that uses the same selection as the BO report and updates/inserts the new values into a table. This means fixing this at database-level, trying to use BO to write to a table in the database is NOT where a reporting tool is meant for...

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back