Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AppendChunk problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsm

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
FR
Hi,

I am using VB6 & Oracle 8.
I tried to use the appenchunk method (ADO) :

Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn1
cmd.CommandText = "select field1 from table1 where field2=23"
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
rs.CursorType = adOpenKeyset
rs.LockType = adLockOptimistic
rs.Open cmd

rs!field1.appendchunk("blablabla")

I get at this stage the error :
Error 3219 : operation is not allowed in this context.

Does someone know what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

check out thread709-391834 [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

CBSM,

I was wondering if you got that AppendChunk problem fixed. And if so how did you do it? I'm working on something very similar and am getting the same context error. Thanks.

Hi,

I wasn't able to use the appendchunk method. I believe it is because I used MSDAORA as provider. The microsoft provider can't handle CLOBs.
I suppose if use the Oracle driver instead, it should work OK.
If I remember well I found some information about it on the microsoft web page, as well as on Oracle (in some forum).

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back