Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia2a

Technical User
Aug 8, 2000
US
When I run my append query to add records from another table I get the message
Norway (table) set 0 field (s) toNull due to a type conversion failure and it didn't add 83 records to the table due to key violations, 0 records due to lock violations and0 records due to validation rule violations. The fields are not unique, I ran a similar query yesterday with no problems. Any suggestion? Access 2000
Thanks all for your help

Cia2a....you ran this yesterday? Did you delete the 83 records you appended yesterday or are you trying to dump another 83 on top of the first? The official skinny right out of Access help...

"A key violation occurs if:

1You attempt to run a query that appends, deletes, or updates records in a way that violates the rules of referential integrity for related tables.

2Your query attempts to append or update records that contain primary key values that already exist in the destination table."

1..Are you trying to append records in to a table that is missing a joining key to another table: i.e. Norway orders need Norway customers that exist first and if they do, are you bringing along the customer ID with the order...?

2..my first thought? :)
Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back