Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

append extra data into an xml file

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodP

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
GB
Hi Everyone,

Please could someone help me... I have a program called 'Akti Album'. It uses an xml format to store the data in order to create a simple image library website. The GUI doesn't allow you to import data and so you have to type in each record manually. I have about 600 records to add with links to video clips and notes etc. All this information is readily available in a csv or excel file. I'd like to import this data automatically some how.

I was looking for some freeware / opensource program which could help me view the xml file in a more friendly format and port the data. I found one called WMHelp XMLPad which seems to be pretty good but can't get it to insert the data properly as it thinks it's field information.

Is there a better piece of freeware anyone know abouts that will help me import extra records into an specific xml file? would be happy to make available the xml and csv file in question.

Many thanks in advance

RodP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back