Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Append ADO recorset data to table in Current DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LysaTigger

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
CA
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to append the data from a recordset retrieved through ADO to a table in my current database.

In my current database I have a table called "StandardTable" which has the defined field names.

I also have a Form that has a combo box that retrieves the field names in the recorset. The user then selects the field in the recorset that corresponds with the field name in the "Standardtable".

The purpose of this database is to standardize the dataset (table) from another database, by standardizing the field names, type, format, etc.

I now would like to append the recorset column to my "StandardTable" where recorset column field name selected in the combo box be appended to the corresponding field that they would like to append to in the "StandardTable" located in the current database.

I know that to append a column to another table the format of the fields need to be the same.....how can I change the format of the field in the recorset to match the format of the field in which they would like to append to in the "StandtardTable"?

Thanks,
Lysa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back