Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

append a message on outgoing email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleButler

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2002
GB
I would like exchange to insert a message on outgoing emails, but I can not find where to put the message in exchange 2000. I donot want to put the message in outlook on everybody computer. The message is something like:

Your help will be much appreciated.

Michelle

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is unauthorised. We accept no legal responsibility for the content of the message. Opinions or views presented are solely the responsibility of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Dunsford & Wesley. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the sender.

You need to use a 3rd party util. This has been discussed at least 100 times.

SMTPDiscalaimer.exe is the only MS option and isn't easy to setup and at one time the Q article was yanked. I think it may be back. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

This will make is 101 times then :O)

is the article that appears to be discussing SMTPDisclaimer.exe, I haven't fully read it yet. Just so that I understand correctly Xybertron you are saying that in Exchange5.5 you could (relatively easily) install a legal disclaimer and Microsoft have now all but removed the utility from Exchage2000 and the end user therefore has to buy a 3rd party util.

If you (or anyone else) could clarify this I would be most grateful and will stop (fruitlessly) searching for information and articles on how to insert a legal disclaimer to all outbound mail

Cheers

I am having the same dilema as well. Can anyone reccomend a third party program that does just this and not 10 other functions... or if it does 10 other functions, does it cheap?

Thanks.

Policy Patrol is the answer. If you set a univeral message for all outgoing mail it is WAY cheaper than setting it up per mailbox so read the licensing carefully when purchasing or you could over-pay.

Thanks for the tips... I like the Netal solution better - simple and only does the function I need. Plus it's cheaper.

has the mailessentials, free to try, after expiration, the disclaimer keeps working thread858-672442

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back