Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App won't launch on one server via WI 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfay415

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
Issue: One server will not launch published applications over the web via Web Interface 2.0 If I direct the published app to another server it will run with no issues. This is the case for all applications hosted on the particular server. If I launch the apps via Program Neighborhood they run fine. Everything has been working fine for quite a while now and just stopped earlier this week.

Details of what user sees: Click on application shortcut, the green status bar at the bottom of IE flashes one green bar, then all the green bars flash, then the screen refreshes and thats it.

Environment: Metaframe XPe FR2 SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3.

Other Notes: Event Viewer on Client PC, Web Server, and Citrix Server with issue show nothing relating to this issue.

I have logging enabled for the Web Interface (thank you and it logs the app being launched on the Web Interface side. The problem does exist with the logging disabled.

What do you see happening in the CMC at the time, use f5 to refresh ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I don't see any changes in the CMC. I tried to launch the app, refreshed the CMC, never saw my username listed. I refreshed the CMC and while it was refreshing (it takes a few seconds), launched the app and didn't see my username. I tried both ways first looking in the Server view and then the Published app view. One item of note: While I was doing this, on occation I would get kicked back to the login page for the Web Interface (happened two times for me out of 6 attempts to launch the app).

Was thinking of the ICA connection going to conn state in session view ?

Any license issues in Citrix event viewer.

Might also be worth a run of regmon and filemon from at least you can then see what is happening, it might be a permissions issue but I doubt it. At least you might find out what is happeneing.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back