Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App shuts down when same app is opened on another client

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleT

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hello,

I am having a problem with our CITRIX server and I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some insight. Our Citrix server is running Windows 2003 server and we have Citrix Presentation server 4.5 installed. I've got multiple applications installed on the server some VB apps, Office and some public safety software. We are using the web services to access the published applications.

The public safety applications I've got installed is written in VB.Net and there are several modules to it (Records, Fire, Corrections ect). I can open one of these applications using the web interface and it will work fine. As soon as I open the application up on another machine, the one on the first machines shuts down. If I open it back up on the original machine the application will shut down on the second machine. This will happen on external machines and also on the server. If the application is open on the server and someone uses the web to access that application it will shut down on the server and vice versa. The VB apps and Office apps works fine.

Also the public safety applications does allow multiple instances of the software to be opened so that is not the problem.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance

Are you logging in as the same user on both machines? If so, I'm thinking you are reconnecting to the previous session, even though it is still active on the other computer.

No I am using different users

Are you limitting the number of instances allowed for that specific published app?

If you don't know where that is located, under the properties of the published app, under the advanced group there is a limits section.

No, there are no limits. I've gotten these applications set up just like the other VB apps that I've written. It's something with the applications. I've been reading a little about application isolation in Citrix. Has anyone used this feature. It states in the manual that if your application shuts down when someone else opens it that you may be a canidate to use isolation. Any more help would be great.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back