Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App Server No additional disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jose1000

Vendor
Mar 22, 2011
AR
Hello everybody.
I'm installing Application Server 10.1 so it goes along with 500v2 10.1.
Want to use Media Manager.
Problem is that I cannot see the additional disk in address:7071 Settings (see screen below).
It´s an old HP physical server.
I followed the rules, putting one disk in slot 1 and one disk in slot 3.
I can see the two disks using fdisk in Linux.
But it seems the Application Server cannot see the additional disk.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advanced for the help.
AppServer_lmc6fx.png

Hi men!

I know that this is like cliche, but is goos do reboot all server. You are also triying change slot to disk, maybe the server not recognize this slot disk.

You can check througt ssh connection (with putty for example) as root user, look command "df -h" to review that the disk is active.

Remember that the additional partition on App Server should be a different disk hard..

Let me know what happen!

I don't will stop triying!

Mateo, thanks for the reply.
Yes, doing the "df -h" command I can see the disk.
And I have rebooted so many times....
Maybe is something with the hardware. In the Application Server installation manual mentions some servers that are supported (DL230, DL670). I'm not using any of them. And it mentions in which slot to put the disk for different models. So maybe the problem comes from this direction.

Hi Jose, I understand.

If it can be then the reference of the server you use. I don't know if you have other slots on which you can test. In the ignition of the APPSERVER the disk does not appear either, if it is possible to perform a reinstallation of zeros, saving the respective BKs.

Best regards, the best would be a SR with Avaya.

I will not stop triying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back