Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App Builder Thru Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebloome

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
i have an issue with my Application Builder Thru Dial block. We are on Call Pilot/App Builder 5.00.41. I have everything set up correctly but when we try to dial by extension, the first attempt fails. i get the following message "That number is not in service. Please try again". i enter the same extension the second time and it works fine. What would cause this? How can i fix this so it works on the first attempt. Operations did not like my response to just try it again. :)

In your through dial piece, do you have fixed length number checked and the correct number of digits corresponding to your extension length set?

Also when you say your second attempt works, do you hang up and call back and that goes through, or do you just key in the digits again after the message?

yes. i have fixed digits (4) checked. i tried it without fixed digits also. it is worse when i dont use the fixed digits. what i mean by the second attempt is this. When i received the message that the number is not in service, i dont hang up, i just enter the number again and it takes it the second time. it is like it is not recognizing the first digit when i try the first time.

My tech support helped me fix the issue. long story short, the correct fix is to create a thru dial for ext range of extensions. we use for digit dialing so i had to create one thru dial for each number. you then select fixed digits, then number of fixed digits but in the left pad, just put the 1st digit of the extension and click ok. it now recognizes the first digit the first time in application builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back