Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App Builder- Modifying the No Response Field in a Thru Dial block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeeBeeExx

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
US
While using the Thru-Dial block in Application Builder, I am unable to make any changes to the No Response field.

I can make the change, and save them. But no matter what change I make it always gives me the same treatment..
"Transferring to an attendant...one moment please"

I have tried to send the no response to a DN, Ann. Service, a Thru-Dial Service, a Menu Service..Nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated

You might want to change go in to the block you are pointing the no response to and change the greeting that is played. If it's a transfer block, you can select "none" in the "prompt to play before transferring". We have actually create a "silent" prompt that we reference in some of our applications. We record a couple of seconds of silence and then select that as the recording in the block.

Whats starnge is, I will point the # key option to the same destination and it will work when I select the # key, but if I do no response I get the "transfering to an attendant" greeting. Even thou its the same destination as teh # key option.

PeeBeeExx,
You are probabally getting the Rotary Treatment. Try changing that ans see what happens.

Jeff

Ill give that a try.

Is it even possible for a no response treatment to be other than the attendant? Like an announcement service or menu service. In the documentation, it always has the attendant out as the no response option?

You can attach no response to any block you want to. You can even import another application and attach it to that. Just make sure you aren't creating a loop - you will get an error - and Nortel will tell you that you may be causing serious problems with CP if you do.

When a call comes into an Application, CP has to determine if you're a rotary caller or not.

CP determine this by what you press or don't press with the first time it ask for a respone (i.e. a menu...press something) If you actually press something, CP will now tag the call as DTMF capable and all corresponding menu/submenu NO RESPONSE output will work like you want it too.

If you do nothing on the initial menu, CP will tag the caller as Rotary and the call will follow the rotary path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back