Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App bld. loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttmk101

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
US
I need some help on how to make an announcement repeat back to the main announcement after the user has made a key selection. I keep getting a loop message.

You are going to get a loop message as long as the caller has the option to loop thru those 2 functions.

I suppose you could create a second function like the main function and send it there, but as long as functions hav ethe ability to go back to the original function, that is a loop.

I always disregard that loop message and save the application anyway. Never had an issue.

hi guys, where is that option? is it in the menu or in the separate announcements 1-9.

My customers would shoot me if I ever looped a voice item. They want callers to make their selections and get to a body as quick as possible. They eliminated operators years ago and always expect the voice system to be as efficient. Yeah, right!

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

If the recording states "to repeat these options press x", then just point that option back to the menu. If you don't want to loop it, then transfer it to a DN that points directly back to that application.

think I'll try the dial thru, sounds a lot cleaner.
thank guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back