Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

App and XP Screen Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoodin7

Programmer
Jun 16, 2004
US
Recently I converted another application from Windows 9X to Windows NT/XP/Vista.

The application is an 800x600 dialog based app. The PC that it runs on is set to 800x600. Now it takes up the whole screen as it should in my opinion. I am getting some complaints from people who ran it on 9X in the past. They are complaining that the toolbar is not displayed under the app in XP, and that the toolbar does not auto-hide correctly on XP. Additionally when they force the toolbar to display it cuts off the status displayed at the bottom of the app. What is going on here? How have people handled this in the past. Does windows 9X scrunch my application to fit it over the top of the toolbar?

I have configured my toolbar to autohide, and unlocked it. This is a fix, but I would still like to know why 9X and NT5/6 are so different.

Solved.

Change main dialog to resizeable in properties.

No programming involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back