Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APOS Systems for Crystal Enterprise - anyone using? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrush

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi,

Is anyone using APOS Systems tools for CE, if so, do you like it? What version are you using?

I am using InfoTrain's CyrstalMine to document, but APOS lists some nice sounding tools like a batch scheduler and a metadata CE system tool.

Thanks for any thoughts.

DaBuggs
[peace]

I tested the Excel scheduling tool and it worked.

Not my favorite interface (Excel) for interacting with a database, but it beats the alternative - nuffin...

-k

I've installed the APOS InstanceManager and InfoScheduler on client-sites. They work great, but as SV said the Excel formatting for InfoScheduler isn't the best interface in the world.

Both the APOS BusinessCalendar and the metadata tool have now been "replaced" by built-in functions in CE-10.

I expect that I'll be using DynamicParameters on my current project in a few months.

If you're looking for a true dynamic parameter pick list, you could look at our SPL 2 (Smart Pick Lists). It does not require that you modify your existing Crystal Reports to have dynamic / dynamic cascading values for your parameters that integrates with ePortfolio out-of-the-box or your custom frontend. And has special UI features for improving ePortfolio if you choose to turn those on such as web styles (different ways to present per report the parameter selection screen), optimizations on performance, etc.

Or if you're looking for a faster and easier way to maintain your pick lists, you may wish to look at our newly release .rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite. In addition to over 100 new features, it now has support for working with default values across multiple parameters and across one or more reports. Or you could use our new "copy from source to multiple destinations" feature for default values.
Both products and two editions of .rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite are now available for a FREE 30-day trial download.

Software Forces, LLC

===> two editions released: ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR5.x-CR8.5)" and ".rpt Inspector 2 Professional Suite (for CR9.x)"
=====> download your FREE 30-day trial today!

proud makers of ".rpt Inspector" brand for Crystal Reports,
"SPL (Smart Pick Lists)" for Crystal Enterprise, and "SmartObjects" for Seagate Info & Crystal Enterprise.

Coming soon ".rpt Inspector 3 Enterprise Suite" for Crystal Enterprise

As of Feb. 2005 we also now offer ".rpt Inspector 3 Enterprise Suite" which is designed to allow you to Mass Edit + Manage reports, schedules, and instances in Crystal Enterprise.

Now for the first time you can open multiple reports stored directly in CE and we'll automatically retrieve all of their CE related properties. So rather than you having to recreate your schedules, you can modify existing one (i.e. modify parameters, destinations, formats, database logon, etc.) across one or multiple pending (scheduled) reports / instances.

And you can quickly find and analyze failed (and success) instances. And even create a new instance of an existing one using the same properties (or modify some or all).

A BusinessObjects Enterprise version is in beta and will be released soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back