Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

Programmer
Mar 19, 1999
GB
I'm using the WinIAPI.dll functions to write a program that does some stuff with FTP. I've got all the functions I need working, except for one. It's called FtpCommand, and I have declared it as:<br>
<br>
Declare Function FtpCommand Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FTPCommandA" _<br>
(ByVal hConnect As Long, _<br>
ByVal fExpectResponse As Boolean, _<br>
ByVal dwFlags As Long, _<br>
ByVal lpszCommand As String, _<br>
ByVal dwContext As Long, _<br>
ByRef phFtpCommand As Long) As Boolean<br>
<br>
But when I try and run it, I just get the error message about "Cannot find DLL Entry Point". So what do I do? Is there a web page somewhere that gives the declares for all these api functions, or are you just supposed to know them?<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>
Jon

Not much help but...<br>
<br>
There is an excelent book entitled (I think) "The Visual Basic Developers Guide to the Windows API." I think the author's name is John Appleman. I don't have it with me but have borrowed it several times.

Cheers, but the reason it didn't work was that it's only included with WinINet that comes with IE5, and I am using the version that comes with IE4.

I don't suppose you have an example of downloading a file using wininet?

My VB skills are ok, but i've barely had any experience with APIs. I've been looking round the internet for a good example but havent found any yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back