Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

lespaul

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
I need to create a java class that implements an API, can someone point me in the right direction or to a tutorial or something helpful!?

We are pushing out a new scanning process using Kofax/Ascent. I'm told that there is a COM interface called KfxReleaseScript used to communicate with the release script. I also know that the KfxReleaseScript interface MUST include one public object variable declared as ReleaseData and three methods called OpenScript, ReleaseDoc and CloseScript.
[tt]
When a batch of documents enters the Release module of the scanning process the module loads the release script and:
1. Fills in the general batch class and document class properties in the ReleaseData variable.
2. Calls the OpenScript method.
3. Fills in the properties specific to the first document to be released in the ReleaseData variable and calls the ReleaseDoc method for the document. You should use this method to save the document data in the external database and copy the image files and full text OCR files to the selected release folders.
4. Repeats the process described in Step 3 for each remaining document to be released.
5. Calls the CloseScript method after the last ReleaseDoc method is completed and the script is about to be unloaded.[/tt]

So, can someone help me out with a clue on what I should do next?

Thanks!
Leslie

I found this website that states:

The next step is creating a wrapper dll in C++ which can be called by the java class.

Is this what I need to do in order to create my java class using a VB DLL? holy cow...I thought the whole point to API and COM was to make it EASY to use.....

Leslie

Have you met Hardy Heron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back