Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API error when loading ETD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha1

Programmer
Oct 15, 2003
EU
Hi,

I have an ETD which compiles and tests perfectly, but which fails with the following error when I try to run the Schema:

09:45:08.153 API W 1288 (Fs_X_ReadFile.c:101): Fs_X_ReadDelim(): Reached the EOF, data doen't have the right delimiter
data [<<<
UNB
001 UNOB
...] Length: 990

I am partly confused because the ETD works perfectly on exactly the same data in Test, and partly because the error message doesn't indicate which set of delimiters is causing the problem.

The ETD structure is as follows:

[Global delimiters: Begin: <<< End: >>>]
Root
Element1 (Local delimiter: Begin: ABC End: >>>)
Field1 (Local delimiter: Begin: 001 End: \r)
Field2 (Local delimiter: Begin: 002 End: \r)
Element2 (Local delimiter: Begin: DEF End: >>>)

And the data is formatted as follows:

<<<
ABC
001 fieldvalue
002 fieldvalue
>>>
<<<
DEF
001 fieldvalue
002 fieldvalue
>>>

I have tried several variations on the delimiters, but randomly since I am at a loss as to the problem. Needless to say I haven't found the answer yet!

Can anyone help?
Samantha

In case anyone experiences similar problems, we did eventually work out what this was.
It is the &quot;Remove EOL&quot; property of the Eway which is causing this problem, and not the ETD. If you're new to eGate, be warned - they don't mention this one in the training course!

Samantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back