Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aperture

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues007

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
PT
Does anybody knows how to install aperture in G4? Thank you very much.

Aperture has specific system requirements. If these were not understood prior to purchasing, I would swiftly contact Apple to arrange a return of software.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

I'm aware of that fact. I know it's possible, but I don't know how. Anyway thank you very much.

It is of course possible. It is also possible to render 3D graphics on a 20 MHz computer. The question is why one would go to the trouble.

There are cracks/hacks circulating to accomplish this but since this forum is not supposed to discuss such...

In addition to Jim's comment about acceptable postings, you might also note that this forum is fairly 'quiet' in comparison to most mac forums - I guess that's because most members here joined TT for another forum(s) and have this one as a side interest.

I don't suppose you've tried the simple expedient of typing "G4", "Aperture" and "Install" into Google, perchance?

Additionally, if you've acquired the application from a peer-to-peer download, I understand that the same sites tend to have discussions or postings about the related activation/hacking.

soi la, soi carré

I bought it in the Apple store, where I buy all my Mac applications, thank you very much. You can't judge others by yourself.

I went to the Aperture presentation where I was told that Aperture would run on my G4. I'm trying to "hack" anything. If you can't help don't answer.

So you find any help in the answers I got? Someone accusing me of geting illegal software? Or you sending me to the product page? You're joking, of course.

If you can't help don't answer.

You are not understanding the help that is being offered.

Perhaps if you cannot be civil, you should not post.

No one is accusing you of obtaining software illegally. The comments were only made to show that there are options for those that want to do something illegally after they legally purchased software. The software you purchased was licensed to run on a G5.

The Apple Store provides some technical assistance. You should contact them if they advised you that it would work on a G4.

Apple.com and the box clearly indicate that you need 10.4.3 and a G5 at a minimum. If you were unable to read these specs, I question how you could read any assistance from this forum or from the many available links when searching in Google.

The hell with it. I'm going to buy a G5. Merry Christmas everybody.

And a Merry Christmas to you, sir!

soi la, soi carré

Well, when I read the specs it says a Powerbook G4 with 1.25ghz or better is acceptable......

sch911,

That is incorrect - the specs call for a 1.8gHz G5. Worse, it only supports certain video cards.

Finally, the hard disk on a Powerbook is much slower than the HDs used in the towers - even if the CPU wasn't a factor, the hard disk would almost certainly make Aperture unusably slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.