Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APC ups software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlav

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
JM
Recently bought an APC Back-UPS RS 1200. Installed APC PowerChute Personal Edition software. Click powerchute icon in system tray and no screen appears only the powerchute icon in taskbar. Right click the icon in system tray and choose either Open Application, Performance, Current Status, Runtime, Technical Data. No screen appears. My Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional. Clicked Start, Settings, Control Panel, Power Options and 'Power Options Properties' window appears. Click UPS tab. Get UPS Configuration window. Ticked 'When the alarm occurs, run this program', then click 'Configure' tab. Browsed to C\Program Files\APC\APC\PowerChute Personal Edition. Doubleclick last folder and see list of files - apcsystray, dac, Display, ehib, EventViewer, ExecuteProcess, force, mainserv etc. Which program should I select to run when the alarm occurs?

I have an APC XS1000 with Powerchute Personal Edition, connected to a Win2K Pro system. When I right-click the icon, I get the menu that you mention but the applications do appear when I choose them.

Does the system communicate with the UPS through its USB connection? Go to the device manager. There should be a "batteries" section with the "APC battery backup" listed when you click the +.

The program might not work display at all if the UPS isn't seen by the system.

Thanks, i've fixed the problem.

xlav,

I have been watching this thread to see how you solved the problem. I have the same scenario w/ a Win2K machine, please post the steps you used to fix the problem. Thanks!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back